Polarity Therapy works with the human energy fields. For good health the bio energy must be free flowing, when this is not the case the body's self healing capacities are impeded. A truly holistic approach is taken to each health problem and diet, lifestyle and mental emotional states are explored to find a lasting resolution.
Polarity has a unique form of bodywork that works with the nervous system, bone alignment and structure, whole body reflexes as well as the subtle energy of the chakra system.
The treatment can be gentle and deeply relaxing and incorporates rocking movements to free the holding in the body and stimulate the life force to release muscle tension, pain and emotional holding.
Issues that can be addressed:
- Back pain
- Neck restriction and neck pain
- Shoulder restriction and shoulder pain
- Hip, knee problems
- Ankle problems
- Foot problems: Cold feet, plantar fasciitis etc.
- Temporomandibular joint problems (TMJ): Clicking jaw, facial pain etc.
- Facial problems: Facial paralysis, Bells palsy etc.
- Coccyx pain/ injuries
- Repetitive strain injury
- Digestive issues: Abdominal discomfort, indigestion, colic etc.
- Bowel problems: Diarrhea, constipation, IBS, diverticulitis etc.
- Menstrual and hormonal imbalances/irregularities: PMS, Menstrual problems etc.
- Gynaecological problems: Infertility, menopausal symptoms, ovarian/uterine problems etc.
- Pregnancy and post pregnancy pain
- Pelvic malalignment
- Leg length discrepancies
- Sports injuries
- Respiratory conditions: Asthma, bronchitis, diaphram tightness etc.
- Upper respiratory tract problems
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Kidney/ bladder problems
This is not a complete list. Please contact Ananda Therapy if your condition is not listed above
As well as Polarity bodywork you may be advised to undergo a simple cleansing regime and possibly a specific Polarity yoga exercise to increase the energy flow in the body. These are stretching postures done with movement and sound.